News from the community
Straight from our blog
Jeudi 09/02 - Le Rencard Buzzcar
Tous les 2èmes jeudi du mois, on vous donne rendez-vous au café Têtes Brûlée à Paris à partir de 19h pour faire votre connaissance, parler du beau temps, de Buzzcar, de ce qu'il faudrait améliorer et ce qu'il faudrait garder. En gros, on vous donne la possibilité de participer au futur de Buzzcar.
Send your event at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why the community also wins
Carsharing benefits everyone, locally as well as globally.
When we share cars : + mobility, - cars, - parking and + disposable income.
- 30% of users of traditional carsharing services sell their cars on joining, and 2/3 don't buy a new one thanks to the existence of the service. (1)
- Buzzcar is even better than traditional carsharing, because we don't add cars to city streets, but simply make better use of the ones that are already there.
- Carsharing users drive up to 30% less than car owners. That's because when you own your own car, you don't think of the real full cost of every trip: you simply jump in the car and go. But when you are a renter, you are paying all the costs for owning and operating a car in real time. Therefore, you rationally choose to go by car when it is a car and only a car that will do.
- All this adds up: one well-shared car takes 15-20 cars off the streets and frees up the 45-60 parking spaces those cars require for home, work, retail.(2) Imagine cities with just the right amount of well-used cars, and all that space now dedicated to car parking freed up for other uses (trees, bike lanes, parks, bigger sidewalks).
- Buzzcar is also a smart use of your money -- and the majority of that money will stay local. If you are an owner, Buzzcar will help you pay for car expenses, reducing your cost of car ownership. And if you are a renter, you can feel pleased to know that the majority of your rental dollars are staying in the community.
With Buzzcar, + the bigger our community, + the bigger our impact!
We can all help build the community. As an individual, you have lots of tools for you. If you are a business, learn more here promouvoir Buzzcar.
We love them, we bet you will too
La ruche qui dit oui, the food beehive. Gather in beehives to buy directly from your area producers.
Carpooling.fr, the French website from the biggest carpooling network in Europe.Save money and the Planet: carpool with Carpooling.fr!
Atlermove, the concept-store of green transport in Lille: scooters, bikes, rollers, electric bikes, accesories, services... Perfect for when you're not using Buzzcar!
LievreOuTortue.com, the green transportation blog.
Fon, the wifi-sharing. Why only sharing your car? With Fon, you can also share your excess wifi!
Moving-Car Drive a car without a driver license, and without ending up in jail!